By Heather Sarahan
Monday, January 21, 2019
- Signs on property: No real estate signs, except open house directional are to be placed on public property. For streets, that includes the street itself, the sidewalks on both sides and all grassy areas in between. If there is no sidewalk, you can usually look up or down the street to see some on other lots and use that as a guide. If there are no sidewalks on the street, assume about 15 feet back from the edge of the street pavement. City staff will usually remove signs posted on City property.
- Size of signs: Sign size is based on lot size. Each lot of up to 10,000 square feet in size is entitled to a "property for sale" sign of up to 4 square feet. Lots over 10,000 square feet in size are entitled to 4 additional square feet of sign size for every additional 10,000 square feet, up to 32 total square feet. Please obtain a temporary sign permit from the Building Department for signs over 4 square feet.
- Open House directional signs: Real estate signs are to be placed only on the property for sale, with the exception of short-term open house directional signs, which may be displayed as follows:
- May be placed not more than 48 hours before the open house, generally not before noon on Friday for a Sunday open house.
- To be removed immediately after the open house, but not later than 10:00 AM on the day following the open house.
- May be placed between the curb and the sidewalk, but must never be located within or placed to obscure the City's corner landscaped areas along Highway 965. These signs must be kept back about 3 feet from the curb to avoid impacting traffic on the street.
Section: Sign Ordinances