By Heather Sarahan
Monday, January 21, 2019
- Real estate signs are allowed in all zoning districts provided they are not illuminated and do not exceed 8 square feet or 4 square feet per sign face per lot in residential zoning districts or 64 square feet or 32 square feet per sign face per lot in nonresidential zoning districts. Such signs shall not exceed a height of five feet in residential zoning districts or 10 feet in nonresidential zoning districts.
- No sign shall be over property lines or over public property, and in no event closer than ten feet to the curb line of a public street or alley.
- No off premises ground or building signs. All for sale signs must be placed on the property that is advertised. Directional signs are considered off premises signs.
- Real estate signs shall be removed within 24 hours after the sale of lease of the property.
- Special event signs such as open house signs shall be erected no sooner than 24 house before the event and removed immediately after the event or no later than 24 hours after the event is conducted
Ordinances are enforced 7 days a week
Section: Sign Ordinances