Lunch n Learn:Fair Housing at the Local Level
This class is approved for 1 hour continuing education
Lunch n Learn: Fair Housing at the Local Level
Do you know how fair housing laws vary? You may know the federal laws and state laws, but what about Iowa City's own local legislation?
This class will cover the following:
- What is Unlawful Discrimination?
- Types of Discrimination and Evidence
- Intersection of laws at the Federal, State, and Local Level
- Protected Classes at the Federal, State, and Local Level
- Exempt Housing
- Tenants with Disabilities
- Emotional Support and Therapy Animals
Sign up via the orange block on the Ramco homepage, or you can find the class under the Events Calendar Tab.
Starting September 2018, ICAAR has implemented a no-show fee of $15. If you register for a class, you will have up until 24 hours before class begins to cancel your registration if you will no longer be attending, or you will be invoiced the $15 fee.
Kristin Watson, Human Rights Investigator
Iowa City Department of Equity an Human Rights
ICAAR Main Office
847 Quarry Road Suite 110
Coralville, IA 52241